Saturday, June 25, 2011

Strawberry Moon Mojito



I have been thinking about this celebratory combination since writing my Strawberry Moon post (click here). I pulled two wheelbarrows full of weeds from the strawberry bed today and discovered that the berries are finally ripe -it's time to celebrate STRAWBERRY SEASON!!!!

Strawberry Moon Mojito
In a wide mouth half-pint jar (or something a bit more refined if you prefer) muddle, or crush with the back of a spoon:
6 (chocolate) mint leaves
3 dead ripe organic strawberries
Add:
1 t. to 1 T. powdered sugar
juice from 1/2 lime
Stir to dissolve sugar. Add:
1 c. ice cubes
1 oz. triple sec
2 oz. rum
3 dead ripe organic strawberries
4-5 oz. club soda
Drink while admiring your freshly weeded strawberry bed.


2 comments:

  1. that looks absolutely delicious! I'm hoping they'll still be in season in a few weeks when I want to make jam! ~ Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I have posted a link here from my post 'How to make Raspberry Liqueurs' Great minds think alike, what better use for 'Summer Fruit' than to bottle it for medicinal reasons! ;) I am off to buy more Gin!

    ReplyDelete