Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Now What?



Years ago, I bought this really nice sock yarn and made myself a pair of socks using a pattern called 'Girly Girl.' Its one of my favorite patterns and I love the socks. I love the yarn. I stashed it away until recently I came across it again. There was quite a bit of it -PROBABLY enough to make another (smallish) pair. I started knitting, finished the first sock, and it still looked to me like there was PROBABLY enough to make the second sock (you know where this is going, don't you?). Really, it did.



Well, what are the chances when I go to the yarn shop where I bought this yarn (several years ago) that she actually will have it there? I'm not very hopeful. Now what do I do?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, knitting! The crisps look delicious too. Oh but the knitting is hurting a little. I say you have to pick up something completely new to finish the sock and remember that that part is always going to be inside your shoe anyway. You could go for a solid purple, or maybe you could spin something that looks fun with it. If you really want you could rip the toe and a bit more from the finished sock to knit them down to the same place before you have to patch. Those are my ideas. One more! You could search on Ravelry and someone may actually have left overs from the same yarn, if you remember what it is. Ravelry is great! You're on there right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, and I did find a solid purple to use to finish my sock. I see this sock as a metaphor for all the things I should know by now: things don't always turn out the way you think they will, you can run out of resources (or time) if you're not careful, and just wanting something doesn't actually make it happen. I think I'll also wear them as a reminder to pay attention and not forge ahead when that little tickle of a thought is telling me that I probably don't have enough yarn! Oh, and Ravelry, I joined the SKG Ravelry group (but haven't done anything there) after I joined the guild last month. Thanks for all your good ideas and support.

    ReplyDelete