Saturday, July 2, 2011

My Friday

"Mama said there'll be days like this. There'll be days like this, my mama said." -The Shirelles

Yesterday, Friday 130 am, I returned from an ER visit. My youngest daughter was chucking cardboard boxes into the dumpster at her work and accidentally got a paper cut on her eyeball (I know, Ewww!).

Sleep, blessed sleep. 7ish am, coffee, breakfast, and more coffee.

Morning Chores and extracting lamb with its head stuck in the fence.

Drove oldest daughter to scheduled doctor's appointment, and youngest daughter to unscheduled doctor's appointment. Luckily, the office of the ER's consulting opthalmologist my youngest daughter was told to have check out her eye is in the same clinic. Unluckily, we had to wait quite awhile and spent the entire morning sitting around in various waiting and examining rooms. And luckily, he OKed driving herself to work -otherwise the rest of my day would have been REALLY complicated!



Drove home for lunch. I had spinach, home canned tuna and Four Bean Salad. Youngest drove herself to work, and I drove her sister to the Transit Center to bus into Seattle with plans for either meeting up with her dad and me afterwards, or bussing home and having her sister pick her up.

Rabbit butchering with Sharon, one of my sisters-in-law (click here). She is interested in learning how to butcher, so I'd invited her to come help me with this necessary task since the process for any bigger animals is essentially the same.

I changed my clothes and Sharon gave me a ride into Seattle, dropping me off at Kristos (click here) where I met my husband and his co-workers for Happy Hour. I had lamb sliders with blue cheese and a couple of their Kronos cocktails -Yum!

Oldest daughter decided not to go to the movie with us and bussed home. We went to see 'Beginners' -a very sweet movie! Bought a bottle of wine on the way home and stashed it in the glove box of our green VW bus (click here). Oldest daughter showed us her brand new tattoo she had done while in Seattle, and we checked in to make sure our youngest daughter's eye was fine -it was. Husband locked up animals for the night, and we drank a glass of wine -I was so tired I couldn't finish mine (what a lightweight!) and trundled off to bed.

Sometime around midnight one of our youngest daughter's friend 'pocket-dialed' the house phone -again.

Sleep, blessed sleep.

Today, I'm making baked beans and red velvet cupcakes, and maybe grilling something over the fire for our dinner. And I'm hoping for a quiet, simple holiday weekend at home, though you just never know what life will bring, do you? No matter how you spend yours, I hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend! Happy Fourth of July!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everyone is fine- what a day! Happy 4th to all of you!

    ReplyDelete