Friday, July 8, 2011

From The Hen House



This is the view from the back door of the hen house where I could see our sheep grazing in the back pasture this morning. It was raining when I took this picture, but I am hoping it will clear up later today. It is that time of year again (click here) and I'm thrilled to have the rain clear the air a bit. Below is the chicken house, our hens, both the happy and the broody, our growing chicks, and the morning's basket of eggs collected -enough for another flan (click here), more deviled eggs, or a lemon meringue pie (click here) perhaps. It is the time of year to appreciate and celebrate that which comes from the hen house: the incredible edible egg!





















1 comment:

  1. Love this hen house post, you have some very lucky hens. I love the babies, very cute. I am very jealous of your basket of eggs I feel like I have been waiting an age for my first egg! The lady at the feed store said today, I couldn't eat my first egg due to the chemicals in the growers pellets, I was devastated so I have switched their food. Could you imagine waiting this long and not being able to eat it!

    ReplyDelete