Saturday, December 4, 2010

Perfect Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies



Perfect Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mix in bowl by hand:
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar

Stir in:
2 eggs

Add and stir in most, but not all, lumps:
1 c. mostly melted butter
1 c. PB

Add:
3 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt

Add:
12 oz. Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips

Stir together. Form 2 inch size balls and place on baking sheet. Bake 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack and cool until you can't wait any longer.

5 comments:

  1. those look delicious! I have butter out softening so that I can make a double batch of my grandmother's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies this weekend ..... great minds do think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds DO think alike! My hungry son is here for the weekend, so I have a great excuse to bake, AND its Dember which means lots of cookies. I'm going to try and add a cookie recipe here (almost) every day -because there is no such thing as too many cookie recipes! Maybe we'll see your Grandmother's recipe on Girls in Sheep's Clothing sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I changed my mind ~ I'm doing a single batch of grandma's cookies and a batch of these since I have the Ghirardelli chips (they're my fave) ~ what oven temp on your cookies, please?
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, Oops, sorry. I've added the oven temperature to the recipe. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks ~ I took a guess and did 350 since the other cookies I baked today were that temp. They're all cooling and yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete